It can be devastating to look in the mirror and realize your once full head of hair is beginning to thin out. The thought of putting chemicals on your head may not only be bothersome for you but may not be the best plan for you either. It is important to know that there are natural ways to prevent balding out there. Below are some various ways to naturally prevent or stop balding.
- Scalp and Topical Treatments
- You can do a scalp massage using essential oils. Use a lavender, bay, or sesame seed oil to stimulate the scalp and keep the hair follicles healthy.
- Use an overnight egg oil treatment. This can be done 2 to 3 times a week for 12 weeks, if you are experiencing hair loss. Simply massage the oil into your hair and scalp and sleep in it overnight. This treatment gives proper nourishment to the cell membrane in the scalp and follicles and keep the scalp moist and soft.
- Regularly use hot oil treatments. Once or twice a week coat your hair and scalp with warm canola, olive, or safflower oil and cover with a shower cap for one hour. This will keep the scalp moist and the hair conditioned so you do not have breaking or hair that falls out.
- Be Sure You Get All of the Vitamins You
- Vitamin A - One important vitamin that you will want to add additional amounts to your diet. Vitamin A acts as an antioxidant and not only stimulates hair growth, it promotes production of sebum in the scalp which aids in keeping the scalp healthy. Vitamin A can be found in vegetables that are high in beta carotene.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E promotes good blood circulation, which keeps the scalp healthy and the hair follicles to continue producing.
- Vitamin B - Vitamin B stimulates the production of Melanin which promotes good blood circulation to aid in keeping the scalp healthy.
- Take Supplements that Help Prevent Hair Loss
Sometimes it is impossible to get all the extra nutrients your hair will need by simply changing your diet. One way to be sure you are getting the proper amount of vitamins needed to stimulate hair growth and prevent loss is by taking a natural supplement. You want to look for a supplement that will contain the vitamins listed above as well as a few other ingredients to help your hair therapy be more successful. Your supplement should also contain minerals and nutrients that prevent hair loss.
- Manganese - This helps reinforce the keratin structure of hair, which helps to create strength.
- Zinc - Helps renew skin cells in the scalp and prevents hair loss as well as reduces hair graying.
A supplement that contains the above vitamins and minerals to help enhance keratin and collagen production and prevent or stop hair loss is Hair, Skin Nails, by It Works. This product not only provides you with stronger, healthier hair, it helps to stimulate hair growth and reduce hair loss. The supplement is easily affordable for the price of $33, which is significantly less than many products on the market.
Whether you are currently experiencing hair loss or are predisposed to it, it is important to remember that there are natural ways to prevent balding. Remember that by keeping yourself and your hair healthy you will be able to reduce the risks of balding.